Clyde D. Shumaker, 87, of N. Chesterfield, VA passed away peacefully on Wednesday, July 5, 2023. He was preceded in death by his parents, James and Mary Shumaker; sister, Shirley York; and brother, Ray Shumaker. Left to cherish his memory, wife, Nancy Shumaker; children, Roxanne Belcher, Douglas Shumaker, and Michael Douglas Shumaker; devoted nieces, Terry Shumaker, and Debra Windland (Robert); and nephews, James York, Jr. and Gary York (Amy).
Clyde retired from the Medical College of Virginia after 34 years of service as a Mechanical Engineer of the Building and Grounds. Clyde served in the US Armed Forces, serving his country proudly.
Friends may visit from 12:30-1:30 pm with his funeral service starting at 1:30 pm on Monday, July 17 at Morrissett Funeral & Cremation Service, 6500 Iron Bridge Rd., N. Chesterfield, VA 23234. Interment to follow at Dale Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Disabled American Veterans, https://www.ihelpveterans.org/. Online condolences at www.morrissett.com
- Date & Time: No Date & Time
- Next Service: Reception To Follow Interment At Morrissett Funeral & Cremation Service
- Venue: Dale Memorial Park
- Location: 10201 Newbys Bridge Rd. Chesterfield, VA 23832 - (Get Directions)
DAV Disabled American Veterans
- Website: https://www.ihelpveterans.org/
- Description: ProvidIng free, professional assistance to more than 1 million veterans every year to connect them with the healthcare, disability, employment, education and financial benefits they have earned through military service.