Jean W. Platt went to be with our Lord on September 14, 2023. She was born June 20, 1931 to John R. Saunders and Carrie Guill Saunders in Virginia. She graduated from John Marshall High School and worked in customer service at Woodfin Oil. Jean was dedicated to her church where she was a lifetime member of the choir, loved to garden, and enjoyed traveling with her husband.
Jean is preceded in death by her parents; and sisters, Marie Saunders, Dorothy Turner, and Kathleen Morgan.
Jean is survived by her loving husband of 17 years, Mr. Robert “Bob” Platt; children, Steven Williamson (Debbie), Susan Whitlow (Barry), David Platt; 4 grandchildren; 6 great-grandchildren; along with 2 nieces, 1 nephew, and a host of extended family and friends.
A visitation will be held from 6pm – 8pm on Wednesday, September 20th, at Morrissett Funeral and Cremation Service, 6500 Iron Bridge Road, N. Chesterfield. A celebration of life will be held at 11:00am Thursday, September 21st, at Oak Forest Baptist Church, 5101 Courthouse Road, Chesterfield, VA 23832. Interment will follow at Amelia Veterans Cemetery at 2:00pm.
Celebration of Life
- Date & Time: September 21, 2023 (11:00 AM)
- Venue: Oak Forest Baptist Church
- Location: 5101 Courthouse Rd Chesterfield, VA 23832 - (Get Directions)
- Date & Time: September 21, 2023 (2:00 PM)
- Venue: Amelia Veterans Cemetery
- Location: 10300 Pridesville Rd Amelia Court House, VA 23002 - (Get Directions)