Leamon Jay Southerland, Jr., 89, of Midlothian, Virginia went to be with the Lord on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. He was preceded in death by his wife, Frances Ann Southerland; parents, Leamon and Mary Southerland; and sister, Shirley Taylor. Leamon is survived by his children, Michael Southerland (Lisa) and Michelle Alexxi; grandchildren, Taylor & Robert Barlow, and Schylur & Colby Southerland; great-grandson, Kaiden Dunn. A visitation will be held from 10:00-11:00 am, with his service starting at 11:00 am on Wednesday, November 16 at Heritage Baptist Church, 7777 Cogbill Rd., Chesterfield, 23832. Interment to follow at Dale Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers the family suggests that memorial contributions may be made to Walk to End Alzheimer’s (act.alz.org) or American Heart Association (heart.org). Online condolences at www.morrissett.com
Walk To End Alzheimer's
- Address: 225 N. Michigan Ave., Floor 17, Chicago, IL 60601
- Website: https://www.act.alz.org
- Phone Number: +1(800) 272-3900
- Description: Held annually in more than 600 communities nationwide, the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's® is the world's largest fundraiser for Alzheimer's care, support and research. This inspiring event calls on participants of all ages and abilities to join the fight against the disease.
American Heart Association
- Address: 7272 Greenville Ave. Dallas, TX 75231
- Website: https://www.heart.org
- Phone Number: +1(800) 242-8721
- Description: From humble beginnings, the AHA has grown into the nation’s oldest and largest voluntary organization dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. A shared focus on cardiovascular health unites our more than 35 million volunteers and supporters as well as our more than 2,900 employees.