Marilyn Hanchey Zandy, 85, of Chesterfield, VA, went to be with the Lord on Monday, January 2, 2023. Born July 6, 1937 in Burgaw, NC, she was a daughter of the late Charles Bradford Hanchey and Swannie Scott Hanchey. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her beloved husband of 62 years, Robert Daniel Zandy, and her sister Bonnie Hanchey Rivenbark of Burgaw, NC.
Mrs. Zandy remained an active member of Branch’s Baptist Church for over 35 years, serving on various church committees and joyfully served in the 5th grade children’s Sunday school department. She retired from Winter Corporation, a Builder’s supply company, after 40 years of dedicated service where she worked as a purchasing agent. She enjoyed gardening and fishing and loved to travel to visit her children, grandchildren and family. A devoted wife, mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, she was a faithful friend to all. Her compassion for others, along with her selfless nature, were evident in the way she tried to live her life. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her.
Mrs. Zandy is survived by her loving daughters, Kimberly Gamble (Richard) of Cumming, GA and Teresa Drum (Eric) of Denver, NC; grandchildren, Lauryn Craft (Devon), Mackenzie Hawkins, Amelia Drum, Ensley Drum, Kyle Gamble (Courteney) and Ryan Gamble; great-grandchildren, Colton Nelson (3), Brooklyn Gamble (2), and August Craft (1). Sisters, Shirley Ocker of Cameron, MO and Debra Hanchey of Mandeville, LA along with many nieces and nephews.
A Service of Remembrance will be held at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 7, 2023 at Branch’s Baptist Church, 3400 Broad Rock Blvd., Richmond, VA 23234; Rev. Dorryce Ann Rudd will officiate. Interment following the service will take place at Branch’s Baptist Church cemetery. The family will receive family & friends one hour prior to the service from 2:00 p.m to 3:00 p.m. at the church.
Memorials may be made in Mrs. Zandy’s name to Branch’s Baptist Church, Tunnel to Towers Foundation, Arthritis Foundation, or St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.
Tunnel To Towers Foundation
- Address: 2361 Hylan Blvd. Staten Island, NY 10306
- Website: https://dogood.t2t.org/give/320847/#!/donation/checkout
- Email Address: Info@t2t.org
- Phone Number: (718) 987-1931
Branch's Baptist Church
- Address: 3400 Broad Rock Blvd, Richmond, VA 23234
- Website: https://app.easytithe.com/App/Giving/branchsbaptistchurch
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: (804) 276-5000
The Arthritis Foundation
- Address: P.O. Box 96280 Washington, DC 20077
- Website: https://info.arthritis.org/donate-today/?utm_medium=paidsearch&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=thd-af-22-12-ps-brandhigh-conv&utm_content=evergreen&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=17745382002&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1ry42IGv_AIVFpfICh1M8w_REAAYASAAEgK1lvD_BwE
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Phone Number: (800) 283-7800
St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital
- Address: 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105
- Website: https://www.stjude.org/donate/1t-paypal.html?adobe_mc_sdid=SDID%3D2C5B48E083318C44-69B96FBCB2E9B573%7CMCORGID%3D091B467352782E0D0A490D45%40AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1672873171&adobe_mc_sdid=SDID%3D5DA2FF394A33640B-39A40C363D8654BA%7CMCORGID%3D091B467352782E0D0A490D45%40AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1672873170&adobe_mc_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.stjude.org%2Fdonate%2Fdonate-to-st-jude.html%3Fsc_icid%3Dhome-btn-donate-now&adobe_mc_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.stjude.org%2F
- Phone Number: (800) 822-6344