Paul Jeffrey Robinson Jr., age 38, passed away on Monday, September 4, 2023, while surrounded by his devoted & loving family. He was born June 27,1985 in Queens, NY. to Wesley A. Crews and Paul J Robinson Sr.
Paul was born a warrior, after being diagnosed with Sickle Cell Disease as a newborn. Daily Paul fought this illness to live life HIS way! As a young child Paul and his family moved to Richmond, VA where he grew into an amazing man, who loved God, his family, his friends, his city, and of course his Steelers & Lebron “King” James (most of all). Paul’s infectious smile, hilarious and unapologetic personality, and huge heart touched everyone who had the pleasure of knowing him. His insight and appreciation to detail was truly a gift. Paul never allowed Sickle Cell to get in the way of his dreams or goals which he worked at tirelessly. He was a devoted son and brother, beloved grandson, nephew, uncle, and loyal friend. Paul enjoyed all things positive… Good food, good music, good people, and good vibes. He believed that God always had him, “just trust the process” as he would often say; to live life and show that “can’t isn’t a real thing”. In his own words he felt that “Sickle Cell has created in me how to naturally be a leader aka the 1. How to stand up to whatever and never crumble. How to be unbroken. How to make pain fuel. How to look at myself and say you are the 1. #sicklecellwarrior”
He is survived by his mother Wesley A. Crews, father Paul J. Robinson Sr., brother Daniel Robinson (sister-in-law Lindsay Mirchin-Robinson), nieces Olivia and Reina Robinson, aunt Delacy Crews (Marc Gunn), cousin/big sister Cherie’ Smith-Brown (William Brown), uncles Steven M. Crews (Pamela Crews) and Phillip R. Crews ( Merci Crews), Cousins Richard T. Crews, Raven Crews, Phillip R. Crews, Jr. , God-Mothers Lori Jones and Torie Stewart, dearest of friends Quincy Moore, Rahsaan Wright, and Jason Moore, as well as a host of nieces and nephews, cousins, cherished friends, and loving work family at Lakewood Manor.
Paul was predeceased by his Great Grandmother Barbara McWhite, Grandmother Rosalyn Crews, Grandfather Richard Crews, Best Friend Nicole Yates, and God Parents Sue “Cookie” Whitmore and Keith L. Williams
Paul faced the challenges of Sickle Cell Disease with unwavering strength and resilience. We kindly request that you consider making a donation in Paul’s memory. Together, we can carry forward Paul’s legacy of bravery and hope, making a lasting difference in the lives of those touched by Sickle Cell Disease.
Sickle Cell Association: Hampton Roads, VA
- Website: http://sicklecellhrva.org/donate/#Give
- Email Address: Info@sicklecellhrva.org
- Description: Sickle Cell Association: Hampton Roads, VA provides the necessary services and programs that focus on education and awareness for providers, patients, and the public. Donations can be made to general programs and services or to the Sickle Cell Families Emergency Assistance Scholarship Fund.
Be The Match
- Website: https://bethematch.org/become-a-donor/
- Description: Be the Match connects patients with blood disease to the life-saving marrow transplants they need, supporting patients in finding a match to save their lives. Be the Match provides one-on-one support to patients and their families throughout the transplant journey.